Metsec’s Purlins Division is the UK’s largest designer and manufacturer of light gauge galvanised steel purlins, side rails and mezzanine floor systems. Metsec offer a wide range of Z, C and Mezzanine floor sections designed to provide optimal levels of structural performance in roof, wall and mezzanine floor constructions.
We focus on adding value through expert design, precision manufacturing and on-time delivery. Our aim is to provide excellent service, and quality products that deliver cost effective solutions to our customers.
- Lightweight, cold-rolled galvanised steel purlins
- Each section individually UKCA/CE marked
- Able to be designed to bespoke customer requirements
- All products are barcoded which allows for traceability throughout the manufacturing process
- Our market-leading MetSPEC 14 design software provides cost effective solutions to maximise the design efficiency of structures
- Suitable for a wide range of developments
- High strength to weight ratio
- UKCA/CE marked
- Fully recyclable
- Low carbon footprint
- Material is delivered to site pre-punched and cut to length
- Systems have been developed over the years with full scale testing and component testing at the University of Strathclyde
- Long spans (up to 15m)
- A range of accessories manufactured by Metsec for use with all systems
For more information visit our our downloads page which has access to our purlin technical manual, detailing sheets and section profiles or find them at the bottom of this page.
A fully compatible range of Z-section profiles complete with a wide range of accessoriesFull details
A fully compatible range of Z and C-section profiles complete with a wide range of accessoriesFull details
A comprehensive range of mezzanine floor systems allow the quick and easy erection of additional internal floor space.Full details
Our software optimises the design of purlins, side rails and mezzanine floor joists. Our latest release incorporates both British Standards and Eurocodes into one piece of software.Full details
Technical details for the construction of purlins, side rails, eaves beams and mezzanine floor joistsFull details