MetSPEC Design Software
We have now launched the latest version of our design software MetSPEC EURO1, which optimises the design of purlins, side rails and mezzanine floor joists to the Eurocodes.
We know that the switch to harmonised European standards for construction is presenting a huge challenge to the steel construction industry. Our aim is to help engineers get used to the new requirements and method of working. Engineers and specifiers can rest assured knowing that MetSPEC EURO1 load capacities are based on design analysis to BS EN 1993-1-3.
The software optimises the steel design to the following Eurocodes:
- BS EN 1990: Basis of structural design
- BS EN 1993-1-1: General rules and rules for buildings
- BS EN 1993-1-3: General rules - Supplementary rules for cold formed members and sheeting.
- BS EN 1991-1-1: General Actions – Densities, self-weight, imposed loads for buildings
- BS EN 1991-1-3: General Actions – Snow loads
- BS EN 1991-1-4: General Actions – Wind actions.
The results of full scale testing and component testing at The University of Strathclyde have been used on the experimental side and various theoretical approaches, first order and second order theories combined with finite element analysis and design analysis to BS EN 1993-1-3 have been used to derive the load capacities.
MetSPEC is compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000 onwards. To run MetSPEC on Windows 8, right-click on the MetSPEC shortcut and click "Run as administrator".