MetSPEC Design Software
Our software optimises the design of purlins, side rails and mezzanine floor joists. Our latest release incorporates both British Standards and Eurocodes into one piece of software.
All new section sizes have also been included within the new software.
The software optimises the steel design to the following British Standards and Eurocodes:
- BS5950 part 5: Code of practice for design of cold formed thin gauge sections
- BS6399 part 2: Code of practice for wind loads
- BS6399 part 3: Code of practice for imposed roof loads
- BS EN 1990: Basis of structural design
- BS EN 1993-1-1: General rules and rules for buildings
- BS EN 1993-1-3: General rules – Supplementary rules for cold formed members and sheeting
- BS EN 1991-1-1: General Actions – Densities, self-weight, imposed loads for buildings
- BS EN 1991-1-3: General Actions – Snow loads
- BS EN 1991-1-4: General Actions – Wind actions
The results of full scale testing and component testing at The University of Strathclyde have been used on the experimental side and various theoretical approaches, first order and second order theories combined with finite element analysis and design analysis to BS EN 1993-1-3 have been used to derive the load capacities.
MetSPEC is compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000 onwards. To run MetSPEC on Windows 8, right-click on the MetSPEC shortcut and click "Run as administrator".