Vertical Cladding Restraint Requirements
Side rail systems can be supported by the inclusion of diagonal tie wires (DTW) or suspended from a suitable eaves beam as shown.
Recommended sequence of erection:-
- Fix bottom rail (R1) and sleeves if required.
- Provide temporary props (▲) to ensure a level line is achieved.
- Fix second rail (R2) and sleeves if required.
- Fix side rail supports and diagonal tie wires between R1 & R2 to ensure a level line is achieved to both rails.
- Temporary props (▲) may now be removed unless support is solely taken from the eaves beam.
- Fix the remaining rails and side rail supports progressively up the side of the building.
* Maximum heights indicated are based on a total cladding weight of 15kg/m2 on elevation. If the weight of the cladding exceeds this value, the maximum height can be defined pro-rata.
** In all cases, if the height to eaves exceeds the maximum recommended height, additional tie wires must be included as shown.
■ Stiffener cleat positions (see Eaves Beam Details)
3.2m < spans ≤ 6.1m
6.1m < spans ≤ 10.1m
10.1m < spans ≤ 15m
Minimum Diagonal Tie Wire Angle Requirements
If the diagonal tie wire angle α falls below 25°, additional side rail supports should be included.