Building Information Modelling (BIM) is changing how buildings, infrastructure and utilities are planned, designed, built and managed.
In its broadest sense, Building information modelling, or BIM as it is widely known is the collective pooling and sharing of information on a project. Covering every phase of the product life cycle from the early stages of conceptualisation through design, manufacture, construction, operation, maintenance right through to the eventual recycling of the building.
BIM can be described as a digital prototype of a building representing both its physical and functional characteristics. It is an intelligent model-based design process that reduces costs across the entire lifecycle of building and infrastructure projects.
How Can Metsec Help?
- We have the ability to model and fully detail in 2D and 3D
- Metsec provide product data in COBie UK-2012 Information Exchange File Format and IFC Open Exchange Format
- Collaboration & Sharing—able to share our design information with the construction team to ensure the client receives the best performance, quality and value for money
- Able to engage early on in project life cycle to maximise benefits of BIM
- Metsec are heavily involved in the development of BIM solutions helping steer as seamless a transition as possible to full BIM
For more information on BIM please visit the BIM section of our website.